Saturday, April 21, 2012

Grand Opening!

Welcome to the first post of A Pretty and Pink Life!

I must confess that I am not a writer, nor am I a blogger. Yet, here I am writing this - wanting to chronicle my life in direct sales for you and for myself. The truth is I've been in direct sales for a while, but wouldn't consider myself "seasoned" - just bland. What I mean to say is that I'm a sputterer - I have a few good weeks, then stop for a month - and so on and so on. But, what I DO have is the knowledge of what's it's like being a direct sales representative. I know from my own experiences, and from the experiences of my former director - of whom I used to be the office manager. So, again, I have the know-how, but not the numbers. And believe me, I'm working on it. See, I have a chronic illness. And, along with that, I have chronic back pain. And when you mix in the medicines (all with drowsiness as a side effect), you get someone who has about 1.5 good weeks out of the month and about 3-5 good days out of that week. (And, when I say good days, I mean a normal, functional day going from breakfast to evening.) The rest of the month, I have maybe 4-5 productive hours a day without brain fog - MAYBE. So, I have to pick carefully what I use up my energy on. But, more on that later.

So... here we are at the beginning together. Thanks for reading, and if you got this far, I do hope you stick around.

P.S. I do own a few more blogs out there. If you feel the urge, check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment